Tuesday, July 11, 2006

July 11 track


After a somewhat more respectable start this morning, we set out westbound from Jon's. This was the first time I had ever set foot in the state of Ohio. I've flown over it a few times, and stopped in the Cincinnati airport. However, that airport is actually located in Kentucky, and stopping at an airport doesn't really count as visiting a place. Everything other than the time of day went according to plan, and we rolled in at the Dayton KOA without any problems. One note about Ohio... Andy was correct: the entire state is under construction. I've seen places with a lot of construction before, but nothing like that.


The KOA is a nice campground if you're in to that kind of thing. It's large, well maintained, and has lots of facilities available. However, you're camping right next door to a few dozen of your closest new friends. When I had a tent, I used to make fun of people who camped like this. Now I'm one of them, and quite happy about it.

This KOA was supposed to have wireless Internet access. I managed to get an intermittent signal in the trailer. Rather than try a blog post, I thought I might have better success with a quick e-mail to let everyone know that we had made it safely to our stop. I managed to get logged in to my webmail service, composed a message with a few details of the day, and while I was composing I lost the signal and my message disappeared. Argh. So I logged back in, fired off a real quick message and sent it, and shut the computer off out of aggravation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home