Monday, July 10, 2006

July 10 track


Here's our super exciting trip up to the storage area to get our trailer, then down to Jon's. With all of the other packing and shopping trips this short little jaunt wound up taking most of the day, but that's okay.

I had meant to get a picture of the truck and trailer together immediately after hitching them together. I completely forgot. Then I decided I'd get a picture of them parked at the Duty Free shop just before crossing the border. I forgot that as well. I only seem to think of taking pictures while we're driving and I'm not doing anything else. Once we get stopped, my brain switches over to thinking about where to park and what we need to do while we're here and I don't seem to remember about digging the camera out.


I did, however, finally remember to get a picture when we were parked at the grocery store doing our shopping. It's not very interesting, but it is the first picture I managed to get of our big excursion, so here it is.

Once we got parked and positioned in Jon's driveway, and hooked up to leech off his water and electricity, we set about figuring out how to load his and Ed's gear in to our trailer. As we already had it full of our stuff, we just sort of put their stuff in to whatever leftover space we could find. It actually all fit pretty well, as long as I remembered not to try to get out of bed on my side.

Then I decided to try connecting to his wireless network so I could check the blog. Supposedly he has an access point in the house. He was able to see it with his laptop, but mine refused to pick up on it at all. I had to walk down to the barn to get any signal at all. Little did I know at the time, but this actually set the tone for my wireless Internet activities over the entire trip. I think maybe my computer decided that we needed a break from each other.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home