Monday, July 10, 2006

Almost on our way

Norah and I are in the middle of our last-minute preparations getting ready to head out this morning. We take way too much stuff. We had to take a truckload of it up to the trailer yesterday to leave it there because we realized we wouldn't have room in the truck this morning for all of it.

So, we've still gotta get the last of it packed up, go hitch up to the trailer, head down to New York, do some grocery shopping for the road trip, and head over to Jon's. We'll be staying at DML HQ tonight and launching the real trip from there tomorrow morning.

It's been said that a journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step. I believe that our journey of 1600 miles won't really begin until the first time we have to turn around to go back and get something we forgot. I wonder what it'll be today...

2 Comments:

At 5:24 PM, Blogger Jan said...

David and I take too much stuff too. The only thing we have "packed" so far as of Monday evening is a box of flashlights we put in the back of the truck to avoid losing them. It's going to take us HOURS. My plan was to start last month. I now have 6 yards of no-see-um mesh that needs to resemble a 5-sided cover to protect Patrick and his cage from the bad things. I didn't think of that --the sewing part-- when I bought it today. Also hunting down a "camp oven". The concept of mini pizzas, cookies etc is very enticing. What BBQ is complete without oven-baked pizza? ;-) As is usually the case I think of things way too late... unfortunately my idea of a DML drive-in "theater" at the BBQ needs a projector.

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I was considering it but I didn't have room enough to pack it. I even ended up breaking my own rule of nothing in the back of the Ram. I had some thick foam padding that I've lined the bed of the truck with so I can stick a couple of large plastic bins back there with out scratching the paint.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home